Friday, February 20, 2015

Vet time

Well, training is a little detailed as Jorah's poops had gotten worse during his fast, as well as he started throwing up!

I woke up early to take the kitten in to get spayed, so called the vet before hours for an appointment.  9:45!  Nice and early!  It was a bit of a wait in the lobby, but we got the nicest doctor, and after some anal invasions his temp and bacterial situation were known.  No blockages felt in the last half of his body.  Jorah got an anti nausea shot, and a different antibiotic than the last time.  Amoxicillin, I think.  Cool name.

After talking with the vet, learning he is roughly 90% sure not blocked up, I foregoed the $85 xray, with clear instructions that should he keep throwing up despite his shot, get him back in asap.

So far so good!  I fed him his first pill, and rice with boiled & blended asparagus shoots, with a little cucumber.  It wasn't enough cucumber.  Jorah officially does NOT like asparagus mush.  So I added some peanut butter to get him to actually eat it.

Also sad, he was a few pounds lighter than last time we went in!  Noooo!  Maybe it was just the absence of food and poo, but, eh....  I feel bad.

I forgot to ask how hot dogs would go down.  Think I'll just chop up some boiled chicken breast to train with.

For now, we are taking a sick day.  Back to the crate tomorrow.

He's sleeping sincerely now.  Always a good sign.

I need some cottage cheese...

No comments:

Post a Comment