Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Food allergy?

Jorah has had an interesting week.  New kitty, aggravated foot, raw femure bone, runs no-runs runs no-runs, and not quite finishing all of his dry food.  Oh, also stinky poop, followed in a couple days by lip licking, more panting, and much more drinking.

After a walk Jorah has started licking at one foot.  I assumed that it was some kind of sliver.  Eventually I put some lotion on it and covered it with one of his booties, so he'd stop worrying at it like a chapped lip.

I bought kitty blue buffalo food, and mentioned it on a facebook page.  Someone said no bueno to that brand!  At least for dogs.  I looked up pancreatitis and the unhappy pretty owners had stories that mentioned not touching food, lethargy, skin issues from other brands, smell... He has started to smell rather strong!  And I've notice lately how his ears aren't as clean.

So when I got the cat food I bought another taste of the wild bag, different flavor.  But now some people online mentioned top ingredients aside, the totw food had like 50% carbs.  What's a girl to do?  Pulsar is still a two hour drive.  I miiight be able to find my receipt.  Maybe the new flavor is better?  He seemed fine on the prarie stuff, this latest has been duck.  I just bought Pacific stream.

I'm all paranoid, like maybe I should get some blood work done!  But them I think-just switch foods!  But if it is unrelated, that's good to know.  If it is the good, a simple flavor change may not help.  I need proof of I need to be buying something else far away or online.

Well, the one kind was fine.  And I know that I share too many scraps with him.  (Not bread, and I go for plain, but still "sneak" some shreds of "good stuff".)

I'm my paranoia (created after regular business hours) I made Jorah a protein shake!  ...I don't have a food processor and the blender wasn't working without some more liquid. 

He loved it!!  :D. Honestly, that was awfully easy. 

1.5 chicken breast fillets, several baby carrots, half of a large cucumber, half of a small potato, my chick peas smelled odd so I tossed them, frozen peas, a bit of pain yogurt, then a bit more milk. 

Yeah, potato is a filler!  But I held that "filler" in my hand, rinsed it off, and looked it in the eye... well, made sure there was no green skin.

"His dinner's got chicken in it."
"Like in ads?"
"Yeah, like in ads."

No comments:

Post a Comment