Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Hydration

Lately Jorah has seemed to be peeing yellow Gatorade.  He doesn't like his water bucket, (I'm thinking it needs surface agitation to really be appealing.)  So what to do?

I put water in his kibble.  Didn't even let it soak up, he licks it up same as the rest.  (And the crunch is still good for his teeth!)

A great success!  His urine was far more diluted this morning, and there was a lot more of it! 

The only downside is that he didn't get a chance to void his extra full bladder before the long evening.  That was rough.  He's a trooper.  (We had a post dinner walk around 9, I didn't want to go out at midnight, I think I went to bed at 10:30.)

So I'm thinking that I will feed him dinner sooner than 6.  Maybe around 4.

Also added water to his little "breakfast snack" this morning.  Spread the love.

No comments:

Post a Comment