Saturday, December 31, 2016

Apps and yums

So I tried downloading a doggie age app.  Or, you know, any age app.  I get months and days, but not weeks?  Come on.  That's the one I want!
There was a site that have the exact month and date that a baby became x weeks old.  Why can't I find an app with that simple functionality?

Whatever.

I found the red cross had a dog first aid app.  There are dog journal/medical history apps.
There doesn't seem to be a dog training journal/to do app.  Only found instruction book apps.  

I'd like one where you enter the trick, define it, and you can break it down into related/building block tricks, and in that main trick or sub trick category add journal updates on progress our instructor notes.  I suppose the "medical history" in Pet Planner is similar.  Perhaps I'll have a "max" and "max training."


Having one that reminds you to train it per day, and has a flash card style counter for how many times it was done well, slowly, or poorly would be sweet.  Progress could be charted over time.  Or a more general "did you practice ______ today?  Overall, how well did _____ perform?" Questionnaire could work for people who, like me, train abruptly without all the tools possible, and/or don't do well with that extra thing in the hand to remember.  

If it had a button for a "yes" or click sound that also functioned as a counter, I bet people would go gaga for it.

Well whatever, I can't code like that. ...yet.

But I can bake.

Enter puppy treats.

Tried the recipe pictured.  Added honey to it, and pulsed rolled oats in our food processor for puppy-friendly flour.  Needed more oat flour than called for; 1.5 cups became 1.75-2 cups.  but okay. 

It tastes okay, but the competition between peanut butter and pumpkin leads to odd flavor, too busy, not a clear note.

Max doesn't seem to care, he might really like them, once he gets over the "What is this in my mouth and do I like it?" trial period.  Right now it isn't super high value, just above average.  We can do better.  

Conclusion: I find them meh but handy.  Had everything but no-sodium PB ($2.88), so cost to output, or ROI, was fantastic.


I will say that writing "whatever nut butter" is egregious, based on what I've read about dogs and nuts.  They are not good for them to eat!  Peanuts are actually a bean.  If that's wrong, feel free to correct me with sources.  But under current understanding, do NOT use almond or cashew butter.  


Oh, and here is the original link. 

 http://lexiscleankitchen.com/2015/02/06/5-ingredient-grain-free-dog-treats/

No comments:

Post a Comment