Sunday, December 11, 2016

Puppy-ho!

It's exciting.  I can't help myself.

He already has too many toys and we haven't even met yet.  :)

Alpha Male and I are driving to get Max TOGETHER.  Teamwork is the way to travel with a dog! 

But it has been SO nice to see the beautiful scenery together.  He likes the arizona roads.  It's winter, so nothing is hot, but there's still no snow to stress him out.  :)

We got delayed by a rock chip, and atm foolishness.  But otherwise we are making good time.  :)  Should be there before midnight.  :P 

*Arrived around 10!

I got a soft crate to preserve Alpha's leather seats, and Jory's upgraded crate simply wouldn't fit!  So, shark-toothed puppy in "heavy duty" mesh.  I think we can manage this!  I brought Maxamillion several toys, and a trachea to chew on.  I brought a sheet to keep trachea yums from being soaked into the crate fabric.

Didn't find a harness that I like, though.  :(  I even checked a store while Alpha got his chip repaired.

Jory's ashes are travelling with us, buckled into his favorite spot.  I think it's an anchor for his spirit.  Drauger lived in their burial hills, so why not? 

Last night I told Alpha that I felt sorry for Max.  "Why?"
"Because everything's about to change.  He's going to lose his family and the only home that he knows, and he won't know why.  ...Is that weird?"
"Nah."

I'll make it up to Max, he'll have a very rich life, but Jory was heart broken when he lost Jasmine.  I cried with him, it was obvious how he was affected, and brutal.  Yeah, he perked up once we finally got home, but I was worried that he'd found a piece of chocolate, he was so limp and desolate.  :(  I'd really wanted to take him to Beth's for a visit back someday.  He would have been ECSTATIC.  Now his ashes are all I can bring.  *sigh*  I think his spirit must have already visited, but it's still happy to have the things you love gathered together.

I'm nervous about meeting max!  Jory barked in my face through a screen door.  But he (suspiciously) investigated shortly, and warmed up when Beth gave me a treat to share.  Somehow we bonded on the drive back home. 

Will Max bark at Alpha like Jory did?  Or will the drive cinch him as a good guy?  I sure hope so.

What will it sound like to have a lot of Picards barking at stranger danger?  I'll probably fear for my life.  :)

------------------

The next day

Halo was the only one outside to bark at us.  Her voice wasn't as deep and booming as Jory's, but they ended with the same awkward bay that inflects up and cuts off.  :) 

I'll write more about the visit in another post.  Beth is a very nice host.  But here is a picture of Max.  He likes Alpha and I.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment