Friday, December 23, 2016

So Raw


 I guess it would have been worthwhile to research Raw whether I thought I could afford it or not.

1. Start off cold turkey

It’s not wise to mix your puppy’s raw food with kibble. Because kibble requires a different pH in the gut to digest, it will make your puppy more susceptible to the bacteria in the raw meats. He is capable of handling this bacteria just fine, but once you add in artificial foods, the meat will sit in his digestive tract twice as long, meaning there is a much greater chance of harmful bacteria building up.

http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/starting-puppy-on-raw-diet/

Well.  Fresh ribs plus kibble indeedly didn't help Max, or Jory, god bless his soul, with the poops!  I needed antibacterials a few different times for the poor boy.  oy.

Hm.  Immediate solution, since I just had bills strip my wealth away, and we are staying with the kibble right now, is to boil the ribs.  My friend Ali of the veterinarian disposition is confident that beef bones are grainy enough to stay safe even post cooking.  And some random person on the internet said that boiling is better than baking.  The Material Science experience in me thinks that the temperature is what does the change, not dryness, but hey, if I boil, I get tasty water to pour on his kibble!

Darwin was the first sponsored dealio I clicked on, and seems the best fit.  Not sure of the price post introductory offer, but even just the offer looks wildly worthwhile.  haha, see what I did there?

I'm excited to have found a couple places that I can order some green tripe for a couple pounds instead of a massive case order or something.  Laptop about to die, I'll update with the links after dinner.

><><><

I really like this article.  http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/6-best-probiotics-for-dogs/
The digestive struggle is real.
I noted that it says 80% of a dog's immune system is in the gut.  His poo was pretty okay, but got bad "a couple days ago."  set-fri-thurs...  Vacinated on Wednesday.  Does this mean the vaccination didn't work/ only caused harm?  No.  But it makes sense that a puppy body going "oooh!  bad stuff!"  would try flushing it out.  So maybe this is an immune response?
Either way, I need to up my game.  For the time being, raw goat milk sounds like a good idea to give the kid.


No comments:

Post a Comment