Saturday, February 11, 2017

Hypochondriac

Not for me, it's for my dog.
Almost a perfect silhouette of Maximus

Max doesn't frog-leg.  And his gate almost looks like a limp, his left back in front or below, not stretched behind him.  ALMOST.  It could be growing pains, he's pretty accelerated with his Big Boy Genes.  (See what I did there?)

Jory sleeping with Frog Legs.  Very common. 
Of course, he did have large balls....
BE POSITIVE, SHANNEN.  Tell Google to show you the forum and info page equivalent of a three star review.  Thus I did not search "how to tell if my puppy has hip problems?"  (One star pessimism.)  I instead entered "puppy gait."  Just tell me about it, world.

Well lo and behold I am not the only paranoid one.  Unless my google algorithm has me staked as a pessimist, this neutral search still returned two solid forums asking about it in one way or another.
And they were very hopeful! 

TL;DR Lots of large breed puppies have funny walks as their sets of legs can grow at different rates.  No signs of pain in play is good.  Beware push up behavior off the floor and the bunny hop, otherwise NP.  Gallops are not bunny hops.  

This link is seriously cool.  I wonder if I'm just seeing a transverse gallop and freaking out over nothing?  Likely.

Here they are for the curious.


I think that the different sites used the same forum plug-in to operate.  They sure look similar.


Someone also mentioned that ester C helps build collagen and stabilize the hips.  Must verify safety of vitamin C suppliment in LBP.


Here is Max with no signs of pain.
hindsight LIKES this stride!
Look ma!  One hind leg!
I will pull ALL of the lines!
Wheeew!

No comments:

Post a Comment