Thursday, September 25, 2014

Shiz in the tooobs

(The title is an inside phrase around the house.)

So.  I have to brag that I made the most EPIC dinner yesterday in under an hour!!!!  Dirty rice with not only "crawdads", but fried CATFISH.

It was funny, Jory loves scallops, so I figured the crayfish (I'm from Minnesota, haters) would be all systems go.  Oh no.  He was quite suspicious for a couple minutes before taking his time with it.  Pretty cute.  However, the crusty mix of fried skin and batter I scraped off of the pan was received swiftly.  After Poppa pointed it out to him.  (It was in Jory's food bowl for pete's sake.)  He is a little nose-blind.

Then, for dessert we enjoyed pumpkin pie.  Jory hadn't poo'd for over half the day, so I gave him free access to about 2 cups of pumpkin, thinking he'd only lick a little of it.  I think he ate a little over a cup.

Mistake?  Only if I wanted to sleep soundly in the night.  (I did)

Cleared him up after 8 hours, but, oh, the whining and pointless walks.  blegh.

Then I had class.  (Turned in my updated and prettified resume, as well as an edited cover letter.  I'd already submitted the things to our university's career page for a position, but I am banking on the fact that you upload documents to one page, then just submit links to those documents in the job descriptions.  Which will mean that once the open date closes, they may look back at my tubes and see the new and improved versions.)

I am REALLY hoping that most of this internship can be done at home, and/or that I could convince them to let me bring Jory into the office if he chewed bones in his kennel or something.

I have some homework that I printed out, so off we go to the dog park.  It's the first time I am going to actually try doing anything other than fixating on Jory at the park.  Experiences have been good thus far, but I will be sure to have my tennis racket on hand, in case teeth need to be blocked or anything.  (I probably will fixate on him anyway, because I don't love my homework.)

I work tonight, so must make the most of my day.  Looking forward to getting updates on people's feels about an employee dog party on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment