Monday, January 12, 2015

Homework Doggie

No pics-I lost my phone last monday when Jory and I went to a frozen lake... I... don't like to talk about it.

So homework!  He's all like "take  me out!  I'm bored... zzzzz... OUT NOW PLEASE!" etc  but I have a bathroom rug, heater, and because he's my dog, a feather pillow under the table where I study, so he snoozes there right by me.  Very heart warming.

First couple of days were frustrating, but I had been letting him run around on a zip leash, and all he wants to do is sniff snowbanks and dig out mice.  "go to the bathroom, you stupid dog!"  Then we are inside again, his time up.  and an hour later: waaaa.  Kind of steaming.

So, re-introduction of structure.  My homework (and keyboard tourrettes "facebook"... no, canvas... "blogger"  augh!)  punctuated by Short leash walks around the grounds/block, & playtimes, it's working well.  Especially practicing obedience commands on the walk, he isn't trying to drag me around hardly at all that way.

I tried having a play time with him, but he was ignoring me in favor of mouse slopes.  In the crate he went.  We both napped for 1.5 hours.  "20 minutes"  Must have been a sugar crash from my lunch, or something.

Later I found him surrounded by three toys:  one of them my horsewhip being chewed on-at the knot!  His stinking charm.  I wasn't very severe, but I said "no", faded out... then returned with it and a "no"!  ha-HA.  No terrible harm done.  My fault for leaving it on the floor.

I got pretty severe when I thought I heard him chewing on another remote.  It was his bone!  haha, he had half a heart attack, so I praised him up and down.

and so we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment